Jan 11, 2008

About us

Steve and I met in college. We were introduced in a dark parking lot, by a mutual friend. We hung out in the same group of friends for two years. He and I spent time together, off and on, usually at the coffee shop after Praise and Worship (very late at night, lol). And usually debating theology or discussing our "love life" which always involved other people. :) The first conversation we ever had, we were arguing some theological point, and he shocked me by pulling a Bible out of his back pocket. And I surprised him by my sheer tenacity at debate.
Our friendship gradually grew and developed until I was finally at the point where I could admit I was interested in him. Ok, that I liked him. ;) We "dated" from November of 99 to May of 2000. He proposed exactly six months after our first official date and we were married the next March.
He has worked in Youth Ministry during the bulk of our marriage. Recently, however, we joined a church planting team and now we are BOTH involved in this ministry.
We have four kids, ages 5, 4, 2, and 1. I am a stay-at-home mommy and school the kids at home. This fall, Kaytie and Nate will start 1st grade and Daniel will start preschool while Abbie enjoys being a Totschooler. Steve works full time in a florist shop to pay the bills.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails