Mar 18, 2008

St. Patrick's Day was very busy and very very well celebrated around here. I took over 100 pictures. (shh! Don't anyone tell Steve!) So I'm going to have to a slideshow. And don't worry, I'm not putting all 100 in there!
We started off with green milk for our cereal. I intended to try my hand at green eggs, but chickened out at the last minute. The kids were excited about the green milk anyway, because they remembered it from last year.
Then we all donned our green shirts that they got to pick out for themselves at the thrift store. :) And our hats that I found for $1 apiece at Target. :) :)
I got my fun in first with a photo shoot. But they were WAY too excited to sit still and pose, so I finally just went for goofy ones. And at last the fun began.
They colored pictures and did dot-to-dots. I found a cool tracer picture for Daniel. Sort of a "toddler" dot-to-dot. They ran races (hop like a bunny, wiggle like a worm) definitely a game we will play again! And read "St. Patrick's Day" words like gold, green, and God. Kaytie even read leprechaun!!!! We hunted for gold coins. And some strange relations showed up. :)
Then, we took a break so I and the cousins could go do the Lunch Thing. Uncle Ken and Aunt Beth fed the kids and put them down for naps.
After nap, we listened to Irish music and did a cut-paste-and-math project. Something else we will be doing more of! They loved it. And mazes and puzzles and board games. Here, Daniel showed his independent streak. I offered him a grren marker and he said, "Ummm, no. I want purple, please." So that is why he has a purple marker on this Green Day.
Of course, I saved the best for last. Our Valentine's treasure hunt went so well that this time I made a ton of clues and sent them all over the house. They had a great time reading the clues and figuring them out! So much that they were almost disappointed when they found the cupcakes and the game was over. But they were not sad for long, of course. Green cupcakes would cheer up the glummest of Hoggards.
I was out of ideas after that, but the party continued until late in the evening with the kids dancing, waving their flags and playing with the hats.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohmygosh! You are the only other person I "know" who celebrates St. Patty's day like I do!! Looks like the kids had lots of fun!
~Homeschool Madness

ladyflamesrock said...

What do you mean strange realations? we're not strange!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails