Mar 31, 2008

Tot school

We had a slow school week this week. I let all the other "stuff" get in the way, so we didn't get much done. However, we did do some special things. Daniel got a chance to color a LOT. All the kids enjoy being artistic in any form. Give them paper and a crayon and they are happy for quite a while!



We had beautiful spring weather all this week, so we took the kids to the park and to the zoo. Daniel's favorite animal at the zoo was the peacock, but he and Nate enjoyed the donkey trying to lick them, too!




Nate got a tic-tac-toe game in his Easter basket that is a favorite of all the kids. We have "mini-tournaments" where the kids take turns playing me. Daniel got his turn last this time, so he and I had a chance to just play for quite awhile. He has no clue as to the point of the game (he puts down a piece and says, "Yessss! Three in a row!!!" But we worked on taking turns, winning and losing graciously, fine motor skills, sorting the butterflies from the frogs, and counting. After the end of each game, we would count the butterflies, then count the frogs then count both together. We would say which color square we were putting our piece in, and I pointed out that the pieces were circles. I bought this game on a whim at Target for $1 and it wasn't until we played with it that I realized how useful it was!

Abbie has discovered books. She is now often found with a book in her lap, exclaiming over the pictures. So Kaytie used her new-found skills and read her a story!






For other Tot school ideas, click here

3 comments:

Carisa said...

I love that picture of Abbie with the big book in her lap!!!! How cute!

Carisa

Wendy said...

I love that you got so much out of a simple tic-tac-toe game! And for only $1? I'm going to have to go to Target and see if I can find one of those.

hyperactivelu said...

so cute! i didn't realize you home schooled? love your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails