Apr 12, 2008

What happened one morning...

As I put the kids to bed, I noticed (there are many many reasons to keep your eye on such things) that there was nearly 1/2 a roll of toilet paper left in the kids' bathroom.
The next morning, as we were washing and dressing, I noticed that there were only a few squares left on the roll... This bothered me, so I whipped around and fixed them with a steely eye...
"What happened to the toilet paper?"
Of course, there was the usual round of, "not me"s and "I don't know"s. But Nate could not tell a lie. "Wellllll," he said, "I had a little accident."
"An 'accident'?"
"Wellllll, I forgot to lift the lid on the toilet."
I scratched my head at that one, but let it slide in the interests of hearing the whole story. Kids profit greatly from rabbit trails.
"And I peed on the floor."
"So what does that have to do with the toilet paper?"
At this point, he beamed with pride, "Daniel and I used the toilet paper to clean it up!!!"

3 comments:

Mama Teaching 2 said...

Hee hee! That is too cute! :)

Shannon said...

awww, at least he made a effor to clean it up! Somethings you just have to over look. Thanks for the new blog makeover comments.
I don't think I have told you before but I love that I am Pro-Life button!
I wanted to tell you that I am going to add your link as one of my favorite reads.
Take Care!

Valerie said...

Lol, that is soooo Funny~ Only a mom would even notice that the toilet paper was a bit too small! ha ha ha!

Blessins,

Valerie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails