May 23, 2008

Sparkly Broccoli

The 2 year old comes running in. "Mommy, Mommy! Look! Broccoli!!!"
Naturally, I was puzzled, so I replied, "Ahhh. How nice."
He could sense my overwhelming enthusiasm, so he insisted, "No, Mommy! Look! Look! Broccoli on the balcony!!!"
I was even more mystified, but hoping that delight was all that was required, I said, brightly, "Oh yes! Wonderful!!!"
Then Kaytie walked in the room and he spun toward her, "Look! Look! Kayee! Broccoli on the balcony!!!"
And with unfeigned glee, she responded, "Oh, your hands are all sparkly!!!"
When you live in a foreign country it's nice to have an interpreter.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Boy! Does this hit home with me! I can't tell you how often I turn to my 12-year old with a questioning look and she interprets what my 2-year old has just said.

That was so sweet that you noticed that Joshua got his cast off! It happened just this week. My dad just called a little bit ago and said that he noticed the same thing after reading my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails