Aug 23, 2008

All about me

I always enjoy meme-ing. Most of them wind up being too much thinking for me. (sad, I know) but since I don't seem to ever think about anything BUT homeschooling, I figured a homeschooling meme just might be something I can keep up with. So I am giving this one a try.





"The first theme begins August 20th, 2008. This week, we want to hear about YOU. The author behind the words. The Momma behind all the homeschooling kiddos. Just write up something about you, your family, and your home. How long you’ve been homeschooling and why you decided to homeschool. It doesn’t have to be anything lengthy at all, but we’d love to hear it! You might include a family photo too!"



My name is Laura. My Dh and I have been married for 7 and a half years now. We met in college and married shortly after I graduated. We have been in ministry together all these years. Currently, we are helping to plant churches here in the Texas Panhandle. We have four wonderful children: Kaytie is 5; Nate is 4; Daniel is 2; and Abbie is 21 months. I also babysit my nephew, Alex, who is 3.
I grew up homeschooling. Back in the day when it was "illegal" and there were very few homeschooling curriculum choices. Or any homeschooling choices at all for that matter.
So I always knew that I would homeschool my own kids. I didn't realize how different the homeschooling world was though! I'm still learning about different "styles", new options, and the wealth of product available! At this point, I would consider us Eclectic homeschoolers with a strong bent toward Charlotte Mason.
This year, we are homeschooling a 1st grader, a kindergartener, and a group of three Totschool /Preschoolers. I am also homeschooling my 16 year old niece, Lizzie, and 13 year old nephew, Bobby. So I am expecting it to be a very busy year.
Besides kids and school, my interests are: scrapbooking, photography, children's ministry, reading, and going on dates with my husband.
I would include a family photo, but I don't have any recent ones!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like we're taking on similar challenges. I've got a 1st, a K, two preK and a 9th grade niece...and a newborn. Yes, it IS going to be a busy year. LOL. And we're moving.

Many Blessings,
Holly@aiminghigh
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/aiminghigh

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy year. How wonderful of you to open up your home and talents to your neices.
Blessings,
Dawn
www.homeschoolblogger.com/my4sweetums

Jessie said...

we have some of the same interests. That is very nice to find. It is lovely to blog meet you!

MrsMomma said...

Sorry I'm getting around so late to your blog. It's very nice to meet you!

-Heather

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails