Sep 9, 2008

How to be a good mom

We were talking about birthdays, since the season for them will soon be upon us... I asked Kaytie if she would feel different when she turned six. "Well," she said, "It'll be better."
"How?" I asked, expecting her to feel smarter, bigger, able to stay up later.
"I'll be able to do more chores," she said, "Like sweep the kitchen floor. And fold laundry. Maybe even cook supper!!!"
Sometimes I do not feel related to my oldest child.
But I rose to the occasion and promised that for her birthday, I will give her an extra special present. I will teach her to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. She will rise up and call me blessed. :)

1 comment:

MoziEsmé said...

Where did you find that one? I want a kid like that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails