Dec 31, 2008

New Year Resolution

Every time I think I WILL get better about posting regularly, something happens and I get even farther behind. But this is my New Year's bloggy resolution: I want to catch up on all the old stuff I need to post (holidays and such for my own records) and I want to start posting about the big kids' school. Now that they are "doing Montessori" in the mornings, I have loads of games and puzzles that I want to post about.


To start with, here is my newest science creation.




I originally made the picture cards for Abbie to match Mommy and Baby animals. But once I had them printed, I saw that they could easily be adapted into some science for the big kids, too. So I wrote all the names for male, female, baby and groups of animals that I could find (some don't have specific names, apparently) on popsicle sticks. Kaytie saw the sticks and could not wait to give it a try. The name of the animal is written on the other side, so once she had sorted them all, she turned the stick over and checked it herself.
You can print the cards from here if you are interested.

4 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

Wow! good idea and way to reuse thowe items! I really wish I would get organized and do more "fun" stuff!

Kysha said...

What a great idea! Thanks for the link. :)

Theresa said...

Fabulous idea!

Jamie said...

Thank you for the link. Tears came in my eyes when I read about how Kaytie got the giraffe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails