Feb 4, 2009

On cleaning

I keep having to resist the urge to stick my head in the microwave.
See, I cleaned it a week or so ago, and, get this IT'S STILL CLEAN! It's such an incredible phenomenon that I just want to go live in the microwave.

And yesterday a kid came by selling magazines for some organization to help himself buy some college textbooks. (Yes, it was really that confusing. And yes, even though he was considering college textbooks he was still a kid, because I am that old. )
Anyway, I didn't have the money to buy any of his magazines, but I did give him a donation for his cause (whatever it was). I willingly hunted down loose change and pressed it into his palm, and do you know why?
Because he looked around my house, with its sink full of dirty dishes, with the trashcan overflowing, with the myriad of toys and small children scattered across the floor, and he said, with complete sincerity, "Wow! Your house is a lot cleaner than most of the ones around here."
Of course I gave him money! He deserved it.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

That is too funny! I would have given him money too and maybe a kiss!

MoziEsmé said...

Smart kid! That's a great sales line!

Mommy Brain said...

I would have given him money too! I never mind picking up my friend's 7 year olds from school because they usually announce that my filthy, cluttered minivan is "way cleaner" than their mom's.

One More Equals Four said...

Wow, if he had come to mine, I am pretty sure that would not have been his response!

Simplicity said...

You are so funny!
I am betting that he really made your day!

I love your microwave story. I am a nut when it comes to cleaning my microwave. I hate it when my microwave gets yucky inside. I don't mind other people's microwaves being yucky--just my own.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new theme! You are too creative!

:)Jodi

Simplicity said...

By theme, I meant your background for your blog. After I reread my comment, I thought it wasn't very clear. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails