Mar 22, 2009

Big Girl Bed

Daddy set up her Big Girl Bed this week and she gave up her crib without a backward look. She is as proud of herself as she can be. But I am so sad, because, for the first time in nearly six and half years, we have no crib in our house. :( It's one more step away from my happy world of Babyland. No more bottles, no more pacis, no more cribs. Soon there will be no more diapers, no more baby snuggles, no more spontaneous singing of ABC and Twinkle Twinkle.

But even though I am very sad at this milestone, Miss Abbie still makes me smile, because she is the only two year old I know of that reads herself to sleep! She sneaks out of her bed to grab a handful of board books and looks at them quietly until she falls asleep -- just like her favorite big sister.
Doesn't she look so little in that great big bed?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Aww, how sweet.

We have yet to get Will out of the crib, still trying to find a twin bed or another set of bunk beds:) Soon enough I suppose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails