Apr 20, 2009

Book Review

I love to read, I always have. I will read anything at least once, and if I like it, I'll read it many many more times! I have, through the years, had many books recommended highly to me that I didn't really care for, and many books "trashed" to me that I actually loved. Therefor, I have come to the conclusion that books are a personal thing, and you will either love or hate them and that has nothing to do with ME or how I felt about the book. So I rarely recommend books except to people that I know well and I try to introduce them to books that I know they will make good friends to.
However, in my library trips lately, I have run across a series of books that caught my attention well enough to mention them here. There are, apparently, tons of them, although we have personally only read two. The Flower Alphabet Book and The Beetle Alphabet book. But the kids pored over both books, and they are a delightful mixture of ABCs, science, some history, and pure fun! They are cute, interesting, and informative. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of Jerry Pallotta's series of ABC books.

1 comment:

scraps_n_stuff said...

I was on my way to the library tonight already so I picked up a few of Pallotta's books. We read two of the three we checked out, the Icky Bug Colors is so great! Thanks for the recommendation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails