May 19, 2009

I'm a little nervous

First negative on the new house. We just caught a lizard (maybe a foot long, tail and all? Over half of him was tail, though) running amok through the house. Well, I say "we", I mean Steve and Bobby. My heroes, who came home when I called. There are no pictures, because I was way too busy cowering and shaking chairs at his uncaring head. Ick. I much prefer my wildlife to be OUT of my house. Daniel said it was "nasty cool" AFTER it was caught and safely in a bucket. The heroes carried it off to a pet shop to be examined, so there will probably be an update later. Meanwhile, I am jumping at every sound...

UPDATE: It was a Great Plains Skink. Totally harmless and good for bug control. However, he did not return to our house. :) He can go eat bugs somewhere else.

NEWEST UPDATE: Now the kids are saying, "I wish we had kept him for a pet!" Yes, these kids who were screaming in the backyard the entire time he was in the house, now are irritated that he is gone. Consistancy is not their strong point. I'm thinking they will have to make do with a puppy.

3 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

I totally understand. I have always made fun of people who were scared of mice...until one was in MY house about a year ago! I was afraid to walk anywhere until that thing was GONE!

Mama Teaching 2 said...

You needed my Remy to come and get him. :)

TheRockerMom said...

I totally understand. We just moved from a house where wasps were nesting in the walls. I have a phobia of wasps so it wasn't easy to live there in the warmer months. They came in all the time. I'm glad you got it taken care of.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails