Jun 22, 2009

Daybook: June 22




Out my window: it's going to be another hot day. But right now, it's beautiful, with blue skies, and a wonderful breeze.

I am listening to: Daniel and Abbie playing with Oreo, which somehow involves Abbie singing operatically. The other kids are quietly reading.

I am thankful for: my kids having such a great daddy. I really love that the girls, especially, think he is just wonderful. Having a strong relationship with their dad is so important, and it is so rare these days.

From the kitchen: We are back on the menu this week. It makes things so much easier, I just get bored with it every once in awhile, and do "my own thing" for a week. It is always a relief to get back to it, though.

I am creating: these abc cards for the little kids. They are so cute! And maybe they will help the big kids with their writing skills, as well.

I am reading: The Book of Hours by T. Davis Bunn

I am praying for: a sick little girl and her mommy

Around the house: I've been doing much better about following my daily check-list. This week, the goal is to have everything checked off every day!

One of my favorite things: is hanging out with my husband. I'm excited because my wonderful niece is babysitting tomorrow night so Steve and I are having a date! :)

A few plans for the rest of the week: tomorrow, we are going to see a free movie at the theater (Veggie Tales) and, now that the van is fixed, we are going to attempt the splash park

From the learning rooms: we are taking a summer break!!! I've condensed the last few lessons of First Grade into a reading and a test and then we are done! The rest of it will be recycled into review for the summer. So now I need to plan an End of Year Party! We are always looking for another reason to celebrate something!

A picture thought I am sharing:




Hope everyone had a happy Father's Day!


Go here for more Daybooks.

1 comment:

One More Equals Four said...

Sounds like a great week! Enjoy your date!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails