Jul 1, 2009

The crazy days of summer

The problem with summer is that everyone wants to have a special, lovely, fun, lazy, relaxed, good time. Only, we don't really know HOW.
I sent the kids outside with scavenger hunt lists and boxes for their items, expecting at least three minutes of peace and tranquility.
In less than thirty seconds, all four kids were screaming in the front yard. THEN, it got really ugly.
Five minutes later, the boys got out of time-out. Kaytie had found most of the items on her list, and Abbie was happily playing by herself in the dollhouse.
Eventually, the big kids finished the scavenger hunt, (the little kids being left strictly alone). But I never did get those three minutes of peace.
Homeschooling? That is the easy part... it's taking the summers off that leaves us frantically twitching.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I couldn't agree more!

If I could get just 10 seconds without someone yelling, crying, arguing, questioning or teasing I think I might have a chance:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails