Aug 10, 2009

Daybook: Aug 10

Out my window: It is dark and rainy. We all enjoy a storm around here. But our favorite part is the rainbow when it's over. This is a good house for rainbows.

I am listening to: the kids and Oreo playing outside in the puddles.

I am thankful for: a husband who is letting me crowd his garage with my extra "junk". I really need to get out there and clean up before winter.

From the kitchen: pork chops, peas, and potatoes.

I am creating: well, attempting to, anyway... a functional but cute schoolroom

I am reading: The Mysterious Benedict Society

I am praying for: some little Somali girls who accepted Jesus this last week. It is a tremendous task to be a light in a very dark world.

Around the house: I have almost finished the schoolroom, and I have purged the toys and re-organized the playroom! I'll take pictures when I'm done.

One of my favorite things: a little boy who climbs into my lap, gives me a BIG hug, and says, "You are my BEST mom!"

A few plans for the rest of the week: school, school, and more school! I have three weeks left until we start!!! And stepping up the ante on the potty-training. She has gotten bored with the game and is having lots of "accidents".

I am thinking: that my kids are growing up way too fast and I need to spend more time and energy being "mommy" while I can.

I am going: nowhere this week.

From the learning rooms: gathering the last of my supplies and stirring up the excitement among the troops. I told Kaytie and Nate that we would be "cooking our way around the world" this year and Kaytie said, with alarm, "I hope we won't be studying France!!!"
"Why not?"
"Because they eat SNAILS!!!"
A picture thought I am sharing:


You can read more Daybooks at the Simple Woman Blog

2 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

I'm with Kaytie...no snails! Sounds like you have been busy! We started back this week, UGH!

Have a great one!

Julie said...

Now that little girl is one smart cookie lol! No snails for me, either. :) I like the changes you made to the blog, it's very pretty. We started back this week, too (only for dh to announce he wants to take a trip next week...sigh.) Have a wonderful week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails