Aug 20, 2009

The Toothfairy is just too cheap

The kids saw a commercial for our local amusement park and decided that they needed to go this summer. Their first step was to try to talk me into taking them. I explained that it is ludicrously expensive and they would have to wait for the fair.

Kaytie and Nate put their little heads together and decided that they would save up all their money and take the family to Wonderland. I explained that they did not have anywhere near enough money in their jars to pay for us all. Nor even for themselves.

Kaytie started offering to do extra jobs to make money...

Then, Friday night, she lost her second tooth. And on Saturday morning, she woke to find four quarters under her pillow. (It was still dark outside when I was awakened by the excited jingling of money in my ear.)

So she tells me that she is going to save up ALL of her tooth-fairy money to pay for Wonderland. I was in a hurry, getting ready to go a homeschool conference, so I just quickly said, "Honey, you don't have enough teeth in your head to get that much money!"

So she goes to her daddy and asks him to count her teeth. "I need to figure how many teeth I have so I can figure how much money I can earn."

After he got the story out of her, he explained that even if all of her teeth came out, which they won't, "At a dollar a tooth, you don't have enough teeth."

She thought long and hard, then decided, "I need to start getting more for my teeth!"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails