Sep 18, 2009

Quotes From the Penguins

Kaytie:
"Mom, Nate and I were running races out in the yard. I won the first race because, well, Nate didn't exactly know we were racing."

Nate:
Kaytie asked him to stop doing something that was annoying her. He responded, "I'm going to do it anyway!" I told him to be more polite and pointed out that he should stop since she asked nicely. "But, Mom," he said, "If I do it, you will still love me!"

Daniel:
"Mom, I got a joke. Why did the duck eat soup? Because he had quackers on his head!"

Abbie:
We were singing together, and I mixed up the words on purpose. She stopped me, "No. No!"
So I smiled at her and asked, "Is that not the way it goes?"
She patted me on the arm and said, "You so cute, Mom!"

I was cooking supper when she flew through the kitchen fussing about her foot hurting. She didn't seem that distressed about it, so I blew her a feel-better kiss as she went by. She jabbered something about a bandaid, so I told her, "Go show it to Daddy, and he will see if you need a bandaid."
"No, Mom!" She said, showing me the sidewalk chalk she had dug out of the playroom, "I draw it!"

2 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

Too cute! I especially love Abbie telling you you are so cute! Children say the cutest things. I have been really convicted lately that I have become so stressed out and worried about little things that I am missing those precious little moments! Great reminder!

joelle said...

I always enjoy reading these! So cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails