Oct 12, 2009

Oct 12, 09

Out my window: It is bleak... cloudy, rainy, and cold. Somehow, we missed fall and just started in on winter. I'm hoping we get some more warm weather this month so we can do our traditional fall activities.


I am listening to: silence. It's amazing. The kids are still asleep. It's so peaceful and calm. :)


I am thankful for: my husband, who made cookies and orchestrated a family movie night. We watched It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. The Peanuts holiday movies are a tradition for us. We found them at a great price a few years ago. The "first" viewing of each movie each year is a big deal, and kind of kicks off that holiday around our house. I love filling the kids' lives with fun traditions that they can always look back on fondly.


From the kitchen: Hmmmm. Well, at least we have food. My nieces went shopping for us, so we are well stocked for once. I think supper will involve hamburger meat.


I am creating: all the weekly report blog posts that I haven't been posting. Weekends are crazy around here and the blogging always gets left to last. Which means it doesn't get done. But I want a record of what we did this year. (I've been using my posts from last year) So I am going to try to post them anyway, just for me. (But you can read them too, if you like.)
I have also been creating math games for the big kids. What we have done so far has been fun.


I am reading: When Heaven Weeps by Ted Dekker and Grace Based Parenting by Dr. Tim Kimmel


I am praying for: my friend Dawn, who lost her father this week.


Around the house: Steve has been really helping out with the cleaning lately. So the house doesn't look too bad. I've been day-dreaming a lot lately about sweeping the floor and it staying clean for five whole minutes! Someday. Someday.


One of my favorite things: having a conversation with Abbie. You just never know what she is going to say.


A few plans for the rest of the week: I'm going to a homeschool mom's group tonight. I'm a little freaked because I've never been before, and I don't know anybody. But Steve is keeping the kids, so I'm going. :) Tuesday, is going to be "girls night". Steve took the boys to a motorcross show recently, so Kaytie has been begging for a turn. We have no idea what we are going to do, but we plan on having fun... just us girls.


I am thinking: that I am just about in over my head on this schooling thing. Six grades seems a little too much for me too give everyone all that they need. Some days, I am just holding on by a thread. Other days, I think my brain is going to explode.


I am going: crazy! :)


From the learning rooms: the little kids are learning about F this week. Their story is the lame man healed in the Temple by Peter and John. So they are learning about feet! The big kids are learning about birds, Panama, Joseph, and Jamestown. They are all going to sort some fall candy, have some pumpkin fun, and read lots of books about fall.

Here's a picture thought I am sharing:



Go here for more Daybooks.

2 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

I am so sorry you are struggling with 6 grades...but frankly, I am so glad to know that you are human! I do not know how you do it! You are an awesome momma and awesome homeschool teacher, hang in there!

Patty said...

Enjoyed your daybook. You must be very busy, but it sounds like you and your family are sharing together and creating great memories. Have a great day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails