Nov 30, 2009

Daybook: Nov 30, 09

Out my window: We have snow! The kids had a good time playing in it yesterday. But it will be gone by tonight.

I am listening to: the kids playing with cars. Five small kids playing together peaceably for longer than three seconds? It's a Christmas Miracle!!!!

I am thankful for: a lot of things. But specifically for a God who loved me enough to send His most precious possession to die for me. I love the Christmas story and the Easter story. All wrapped up together, they make the best Love story ever!

From the kitchen: oh I have no idea. Burritos for supper... and um... peanut butter and jelly for lunch.

I am creating: lesson plans for next term! I'm trying to come up with a unit study for the American Colonial era for a 5 and 6 year old with entirely free sources that isn't just coloring pages but isn't attempting to re-create the entire method of living. In other words, I don't want to make soap, lantern oil, fabulous outfits, nor camp in the front yard for a week. Why can't there be something kind of in the middle for us moderately "hands-on" parents?

I am reading: Inkdeath and Grace Based Parenting. Currently looking for a third book...

I am praying for: a job.

Around the house: Most of the house is ok. The schoolroom is in sad shape. I started an organization project and ran out of steam before it was done, so I have work to do this week.

One of my favorite things: Christmas carols

A few plans for the rest of the week: tomorrow is December 1, so we will begin our Christmas plans. I have a list of things to choose from: one for each day of Dec. until the 25th. We also have our Advent calendar, and I think we are doing some counting down with candy canes as well.

I am thinking: about trust and faith and lots of Christmas plans.

I am going: shopping, soon, I hope.

From the learning rooms: We took last week off, pretty much. I am putting out fun Christmas stuff on the shelves for the kids. We aren't doing school officially until January, but we have learned that no structure is a bad thing around here, so we will be doing fun school stuff only this month.

Here's a picture thought I am sharing:
An exciting Balloon War with the Cousins:



2 comments:

Heather said...

Your header is so bright and seasonal- too cute! We are beginning our Christmas plans and decorations tomorrow too - it is always nice when the first falls in the week and that way we don;t take up a weekend with getting ready for Christmas - if all goes well it will be done! Yeah!

One More Equals Four said...

Looks like a great week! Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails