Nov 11, 2009

Indian Princess

Naturally, this month, we are studying the Pilgrims, Plymouth, the Mayflower and the Wampanoags. Well, I say naturally, as though I planned it that way, but, to be totally honest, I didn't really. For History, we are reading through The Light and the Glory for Children, and adding in fun "go-alongs" as I can find them. And it just somehow worked out that we reached this Pilgrims just at the right time.



So here are our head-dresses. I think every kid should get to make these in November. :) Since there weren't any girl Indians named in the Pilgrim's story, Kaytie decided she would be Pocahontas, instead. I am just grateful she remembered her!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Pocahontas is the only girl Indian I know too, Kaytie!

Well done for remembering her!

One More Equals Four said...

Don't forget Sacajawea, probably didn't spell that right. She is my favorite!

Mama Teaching 2 said...

:) Tell her that Mrs. Chelita loves a certain indian named Sacagawea. I love when learning seems to come into play at just the right time. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails