Dec 7, 2009

Christmas Fun

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Oooooh! BOTH!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He puts all of his into the stockings.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Whatever we have. And we have whatever was on sale when we needed to buy them. This year, we have white on our tree and blue on our house (with penguins in the windows, surprise surprise!)

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. I never think of it. I get all the kisses I want without it!

5. When do you put your decorations up? Either Thanksgiving Day or the day after. Usually Thanksgiving Day, though. In the evening, after supper. This tradition started back before we had kids when I wanted to wait until after Thanksgiving for Christmas to start, and Steve couldn't wait to decorate. He usually wore me down by Thanksgiving Day!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Fudge.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? The year my older brothers came home from college with cool gifts for everyone. I was six. I got The Christian Mother Goose, which I still have, and now read to my kids.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I didn't believe in Santa as a kid.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes. Steve's mom comes over and we have ham sandwiches and cookies and birthday cake, then open the presents from her/to her.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We started our first Christmas with just enough ornaments, lights and stuff to decorate the front of the tree. :) Everyone in the family gets a new ornament every year, so we have a motley collection of sentimental stuff. Nate noticed this year that, "Mom! All the penguin ones belong to you!!!" Yep, sure do! lol

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I wouldn't care much either way, but the kids are SO EXCITED about it, that I am always hoping they get some.

12. Can you ice skate? I love ice-skating but I haven't been in forever!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Three years ago, I got a baby girl for Christmas! But just about everything my husband has ever given me has been a close second to that one!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Teaching the kids the awe and wonder of the Miracle that God Himself came to our grimy little world to be The Perfect Gift.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Chocolate and divinity. If divinity could somehow be chocolate, it would be PERFECT!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Our Advent Calendar.

17. What tops your tree? An angel.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Both! lol I love picking out presents for people!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night and Oh Come All Ye Faithful and Oh Come oh Come Emmanuel and What Child is This and God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen and Carol of the Bells and... ok, I'll stop. :)

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yummy!

21 Favorite Christmas Show? The Toy that Saved Christmas, with the Peanuts special being a close second.

22. Saddest Christmas Song? Are there sad ones?

Feel free to copy this post and fill it out on your blog. HT: Shannon

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I love penguins too! And...what an amazing christmas present...babies are such a blessing!

One More Equals Four said...

Fudge, mmmmm!

So fun to read this! I have already saved it in drafts, maybe I'll get to it one day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails