Dec 30, 2009

New Year's Eve

Our kids have a late bedtime. They have always, since Kaytie was big enough to actually go to bed (anyone who knew her from birth knows exactly what I mean by that) gone to bed at 10pm. We have many reasons for this, which I won't go into now, but it comes in handy often, especially during the holidays when we are busy celebrating. And most especially on New Year's Eve.
I don't know if they will make it all the way to midnight (it won't surprise me if they do, though), but we do have some fun things planned to keep us entertained as we wait for the New Year.
We have snacks enough left from Christmas, and some new games that we got for Christmas that we haven't played yet. That will get us through most of the evening!
I'm thinking that some "time" games might be fun. For example, "How long can you jump on one foot?" or "How long can you sit perfectly still?" And dancing to music is always enjoyed by all.
I looked for a color page for them, but couldn't find any that I liked, so I will just be giving them a sheet of paper and they will be drawing their own clocks, balloons, and confetti on them. They will probably like that better, anyway.
We will be re-purposing some of our left over plastic Easter eggs for noise makers. I am planning on just throwing a few beans in each and taping them shut. We already have kazoos, maracas, and other noise-makers in the instrument bin, if needed, so this should be plenty.
These glasses will probably be decorated. The kids love making things to wear.
And finally, for a special treat, I will be going to the library tomorrow to find them a movie to watch. Mix with blankets and popcorn on the living room floor, and it sounds like a wonderful way to conclude a late evening!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Sounds like a great night. Wish we could join you! Jemimah wishes Kaytie a Happy New Year, and I wish the same for the rest of you. May the Lord bless you and your family abundantly during 2010!

Spesamor Academy said...

It would have been fun to have you!
Happy New Year to your family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails