Jan 18, 2010

Daybook: Jan 18, 2010

Out my window: a sunny winter day and little kids playing in the sunshine. Around here, we get days like this in the middle of winter, I don't know if it is Indian Summer or a false spring. Whatever you call it, it is wonderful to have when you have a houseful of small children with unlimited amounts of energy!

I am listening to: the kids yelling outside, and Sam the bird tweeting at them. He is trying to get attention by singing and banging around in his cage.

I am thankful for: daily bread

From the kitchen: oh dear, I haven't thought about that yet... so probably taquitoes or spaghetti.

I am creating: penguin plans for tomorrow. The cousins are coming over!

I am reading: the fourth book in the Ranger's Apprentice series; Before Green Gables; Grace-Based Parenting; and Games for Math, well, re-reading, actually, since I have to take it back soon.

I am praying for: my sister-in-law and her family, the people of Haiti, and for a job for my husband.

Around the house: cleaning and cleaning and more cleaning. sigh. If it weren't for laundry and dishes and cleaning up kid-messes, I would be soooooo bored!

One of my favorite things: Abbie singing to herself. On the way home from church yesterday she was singing: "Jesus, Christ, the Lord!".

A few plans for the rest of the week: the cousins over tomorrow, which will definitely be the highlight! Hopefully a date with my husband, thanks to my sweet nephew. :) And lots of schoolwork.

I am thinking: about contentment and waiting to hear the voice of God

From the learning rooms: the shelves are full of penguins and snowman and abcs. The big kids are learning about the American colonies, Vietnam, birds, action verbs, physics and chemistry, and lots and lots of math.

A picture thought I am sharing:


1 comment:

One More Equals Four said...

oooo, a date! I hope you get that!

We are having a pretty day here, too and it is marvelous after days of COLD!!!

Hope you have a great, penguin filled week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails