Jan 23, 2010

While I still have hair left...

So here's the question/problem that I currently have. I am teaching four, (sometimes five) kids at the same time every day. I try to organize the big kids' work so that they are able to carry on independently for most of the morning. And sometimes it works. Sometimes, oh ok, most times, it doesn't. The little kids both want to do something (different things, of course) that need my help. And as soon as I begin that juggling act, invariably, one or both of the big kids needs a question answered, or a work explained, or need something set up, taken down, or fixed, or there is an argument over a game because someone feels an urgent need to win. every. single. game. no matter what it takes to do so. And on the really good days, this is when the phone rings.
How do I minimize this frustration? (Short of selling a kid or two?)

5 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

Girl, let me know when you find an answer because that is exactly where I am!

Julie said...

I feel the exact same way with 2 and I am so impressed that you are managing 4!!!

Jodi said...

Sorry!
I got on your comment section to see if there was any great advice...because I feel the same exact way! I, too, am going bald!

Jeanne said...

Ugh! No ideas from me either, but I just wanted to pop in and tell you how much I admire you for what you're doing. Hand in there girl. You can always wear a hat!!

scraps_n_stuff said...

I don't know if you have seen this on any blogs, but the Workbox System is working for a lot of homeschooling families.
http://sunflowerschoolhouse.com/workbox-blogroll/
This is a list of blogs who are using the system and how they have tweaked it for their own homeschool.
http://confessionsofahomeschooler.blogspot.com/2009/11/workbox-system.html
This is my personal favorite and the most similar to what I am using with my Kindergartener and Preschooler. I too tweaked the system to work for us.
I hope you find something to keep your hair in, I'm hanging on to mine for dear life!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails