Mar 15, 2010

Daybook: March 15, 2010

Out my window: it is a rainy, chilly day. It makes the house seem very cosy and bright and warm.

I am listening to: Minnesota Cuke from the living room and low chatter from supposed-to-be-resting children

I am thankful for: my husband's new job!

From the kitchen: I have hamburger meat thawing...

I am creating: nothing right now. We are coasting until the end of the term.

I am reading: A Rose in Bloom, The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey, Swiss Family Robinson (with Kaytie and Nate) and The Little Princess (with Kaytie, it's a re-read for both of us)

I am praying for: the state of the nation

Around the house: we cleaned pretty thoroughly yesterday afternoon. So I only have to maintain this week

One of my favorite things: Abbie's poor syntax: "There was a rock onto the sidewalk." And her clueless conversational skills: "Actually, Mom, the question is: I don't know how to do this."

A few plans for the rest of the week: School, spending as much time as possible outdoors when it stops raining, and getting rid of this irritating cold

From the learning rooms: we spent a pleasant morning (well, except for Nate, who had math issues) doing math and phonics. The big kids read, worked with the pattern blocks and did their math journals, the little kids counted animals, colored a's, played Alphabet Bingo (1,000 times) and practiced their cutting and pasting skills. Daniel also did a bit of his Get Ready for the Code.


1 comment:

One More Equals Four said...

Sounds like a good day! It has been overcast here for days...I am just praying for a day of sunshine soon! We NEED the outdoors!

Let me know what you think of the Mysterious Benedict Society. I had it recommended to me recently, hope to read it this summer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails