Apr 5, 2010

Daybook: April 5, 2010

Out my window: I see greening grass and blooming trees. I hear small kids laughing and shouting in the glorious spring weather.

I am listening to: Abbie singing "I Love You" at the top of her little lungs, Nate's chatter as he puts a puzzle together, and the other kids shouting and laughing outside with their new swing.

I am thankful for: a RISEN Saviour!!! And a fairly good report from Kaytie's cleft checkup this morning.

From the kitchen: something to do with chicken, I think, for supper, and probably chili dogs for lunch. I'm craving chili dogs these days...

I am creating: well... I am supposed to be creating lesson plans for next term, but, I guess, actually, I'm just creating plans to create plans in the near future.

I am reading: The Horse and His Boy, The Colonists (by Jack Cavenaugh), Seasons Under Heaven (by Beverly LaHaye and Terri Blackstock) and The Martha Years series (I am previewing this for Kaytie, ahem) Oh, and this series is a find because it is so solid she doesn't whip through them in a couple of hours like she does her other favorites!

I am praying for: a dear friend and her family

Around the house: My wonderful husband did an awesome Easter cleaning this week, so I just have to worry about upkeep.

One of my favorite things: Preschooler chit-chat. I love the Abbie-isms: "I sit on yours lap?" "My hand is into mys cup!" And I love the nonsense that Daniel spouts: "Did you know we are walking on ladybugs? Yes, because the grass is really ladybugs!"

A few plans for the rest of the week: Recover from the holiday. Goof off A LOT. A few phone calls that I have been putting off. And beginning on those lesson plans...

I am thinking: He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (Jim Eliot)

I am going: probably nowhere

From the learning rooms: we are on vacation for the next four weeks, so the kids are experimenting in "delightful learning", which means... well, I'll explain that in a later post.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails