Apr 25, 2010

The Holidays Are Over

Tomorrow, we start back to school. I have spent the last few days feverishly preparing for the next thirteen weeks, because I pretty much left everything to the last minute.
The kids are excited... Nate because we are studying insects (and I bought cute little ant farms at Target), Kaytie because she gets to read aloud from this book, and she is intrigued by our new topic in history (I told her about all the crafts. She adores making things.), and the little kids because they just love school.
I have tweaked things a bit... Daniel now has three drawers (workbox-style) that I am filling each day with things he MUST do. Kaytie and Nate have bran-new read-alouds. I'm taking some of our emphasis off of math and turning up the heat on handwriting and Bible memorization. We are switching our history from random, pointless wandering to Story of the World, Vol. 1. And we are starting All About Spelling.
So now you know what my upcoming posts will be about.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Can't wait to hear what you think about Story of the World and All About Spelling. I am really interested in both!! Have fun starting school today!

Jeanne said...

Sounds wonderful. I'm keen for a review of All about Spelling too. I am looking around for some spelling help right now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails