May 14, 2010

I Went to Convention in my Jammies

Sorry that I haven't been around. Not, of course, that anyone missed me. But I have spent the last three days juggling housework, school, four kids, and... and... and... The TOS EXPO!!! It was a struggle to deal with the kids and stay glued to the computer, and we eventually just plumb gave up on school, but it was oh, so, worth it! I live in a smallish town and have never been to a "real" Homeschool Convention, so I don't have that to compare to. But I gotta say it would be hard to beat the last three days. For less than $30, I got to hear, live and on my own computer, the people that wrote the curriculum I use to teach my kids. People like: Susan Wise Bauer, Sue Patrick, Amanda Bennett... As well as people that I had never heard of before but in one hour or less profoundly altered the way we will do school and live our lives! I am so grateful for the opportunity to listen to the Clarksons, Diana Waring, Jill Novak and Carol Barnier. It was an awesome three days. And links to download the talks to listen to again and again were included in the price of the Expo.
In addition to the speakers, was the live chat with fellow attendees as we listened and were inspired together. It was a chance to compare notes, fellowship, and pray with and  for each other, even though we were scattered all over, not just the country, but the world.
I'm not even going to talk about the doorprizes...
Nor the pages and pages of links to websites to explore...
If you missed this wonderful opportunity, you can still purchase the MP3s to be heard at your leisure. AND they are planning another Expo for the fall, so be the first in line to get your ticket! Well, no, second in line, because I am going to be first. :p
Because I am tired, and my kids are wacked out of control, and if it weren't for my awesome, wonderful, much-better-than-I-deserve  husband my house would be horrible, but it was incredible and I can't wait to do it again!

5 comments:

Julie said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I have "attended" the ones put on by Heart of the Matter before and it is fun. I found a free convention in nearby Mobile and I'm going next weekend! Can you tell I'm excited? Hope you are enjoying your weekend. :)

Jeanne said...

I missed you - and I'm on holidays! Does that make you feel special? It should!

You've inspired me to put my name down for an online something now. Glad you enjoyed it!! Sounds like it was worth missing school for!

D and A said...

Hey, just stopping by your link from tyhe TOS Facebook page. You did a nice overview of a great convention. I really enjoyed it too. I will be following you on bloglines.

Blessings,
Amy @ http://missionalmamassoul.blogspot.com/

joelle said...

I really enjoyed the conference as well. Can't wait for the October one. And yeah we only had school here on Tuesday.

Nancy said...

I'm so glad that you enjoyed the Expo! I really enjoyed reading your entry and can't wait to have you join us for the Fall Expo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails