Oct 6, 2010

TOS Review: LanSchool

lanschool_logo.png picture by 4littlepenguins
We were given the opportunity to try LanSchool classroom manager software.Click here for a quick overview of what it does. Basically, it gives me, at my computer, complete control over the kids' computer at all times. I can limit what they can do, blank their screen completely, remove their control over their mouse and keyboard, send them a message (that they must read before they can do anything else) or just take a peek at what is on their screen.
I can also put whatever is on my screen up on their screen, which is handy for when we are doing research or reading e-books, because it keeps all five of us from squeezing around one computer screen.
My kids are really a little young for me to fully appreciate this software, because I am still hovering in the background to help with things like mouse control and finding keys, but we did have a lot of fun playing with this and I am looking forward to using it in the future. I really like the control options, so that as my kids grow and start using the Internet more and more on their own, I can limit, block, and easily keep track of what they are up to. It's also great fun to put on your husband's computer and harass him with it. ;)
This product was very easy to install. I did it all on my own without once having to ask my husband for help, which just tells you how simple it really was.
They offer a free, fully functioning trial version that lasts for 30 days, so you can try it out for yourself.
You can also check out what other crew mates said about it here.


I was given this software for free in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.
HomeschoolCrew250wide.jpg picture by 4littlepenguins

1 comment:

One More Equals Four said...

VERY interesting! I have never heard of this program...with a teenager in the house, it is very worth checking out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails