Oct 11, 2010

We Are Party People

So a lot of people apparently noticed that yesterday was 10-10-10 day. But I wonder how many of you celebrated? With chocolate cake?
I have always loved holidays and when I had kids, I determined that they would have great memories of Christmas, Easter, 4th of July, birthdays and even Halloween and Valentine's Day. We have traditions for them all. However, at some point, a certain kid got a little carried away when it came to special occasions. I was okay with being wished, "Happy First Day of Fall, Mom!" but got a little nervous when I heard, "Happy Last Friday of September, Mom!" and "Happy First Monday of October, Mom!"
And sure enough, when she heard it was Ten Ten Ten Day, she requested a proper celebration... aided and abetted by her father, I was forced to produce chocolate cake and games to play. They are already planning for 11-11-11 Day. Somehow, I have lost control.

aIMG_2149edited.jpg picture by 4littlepenguins

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Hah! Clever Kaytie to enlist her Daddy in her plans!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails