Nov 5, 2010

TOS Review: Collectorz


One thing that homeschooling families seem to have in common is a love of books. Most homeschoolers I know have shelves and shelves of books and are acquiring more all the time. This often leads to the complaint that "I found the exact book I needed for our study... three weeks after we finished it!" or "I have three copies of this book because I keep forgetting we have it and buying a new one!" If you have ever found yourself uttering these words (or even thinking them) our latest review product could be for you.
It's called Collectorz and it is a program that allows you to enter the ISBN number of your book(s) and then  know exactly which books you own! Your own personal library catalog is accessible from anywhere you have Internet access. It's just that simple.
The Standard is $29.95, the Pro version is $49.95, and you can try it free for a month before you buy to ensure that it is right for you.

That's how it works, now for how it worked for me, personally...
This is the first review I've had that was not a roaring personal success. Honestly, my book collection falls into two parts: books that I have had for ages, so I know what they are, and books that we have bought for the kids that we've, naturally, only had a few years. The majority of the books that we use for school I pick up from our local library. So this product was not something I could really make good use of. It seems super cool, but the time it would take me to enter all of the books we own would be more than the result would be worth.

HomeschoolCrew250wide.jpg picture by 4littlepenguins


This product was given to me free of charge for the purpose of this review. All opinions expressed are honest and my own.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails