Nov 15, 2010

TOS Review: Corps of Rediscovery

CorpsofRe-Discovery.jpg picture by 4littlepenguins

Kaytie is my "crafty" kid. She loves to draw, paint, color, write, to create in any medium. So when we received a coin pouch kit to review, I knew she was the logical person to try it out.
I originally intended to hand it to her, instructions and all, and let her have at it. But the pictures in the instructions were a bit much for her, since she had never done anything like this before. So I read the directions and showed her what to do. She took it from there.

IMG_2657edited.jpg

IMG_2666edited.jpg picture by 4littlepenguins

IMG_2670edited.jpg

IMG_2671edited.jpg

As you can see, she thoroughly enjoyed this! It took her about ten minutes to sew her purse, and then she and Abbie spent the next hour arguing over to whom it should belong.

This kit came from Corps of Rediscovery, a family company designed to help kids "rediscover" American history. This site is full of different kid-friendly crafts intended to enhance history studies. This is a great way to round out a unit study on the Pioneers, Pilgrims, or American Indians. I wish I had known about this last year, when we were studying the Colonial times. And I will definitely keep it in mind for the next time we travel through this period of history.

The product we received consisted of two pieces of leather, with the snap already in place, and the holes for stitching pre-punched. It also had the lacing, and instructions.

Kaytie's opinion of this product was: "It is wonderful. I enjoyed making this and I would love to do it again. I would definitely recommend this to other mommies for their kids."

Find out what other Crew members have to say here.

HomeschoolCrew250wide.jpg image by 4littlepenguins

This product was sent to me, as a member of the TOS Review Crew, free of charge, for the purpose of this review. All opinions expressed are honest and are mine and Kaytie's own.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Yes, this one was fun for my little guy as well. It's always neat to give them something hands on to review. :)

Sheri said...

I love your dd's expressions. Nice review-but please be sure to include the price of the kit for your readers. :0) Glad your family enjoyed this project.

FM Sheri

Monica said...

Cute pictures. We had fun with this project as well with the Corn Husk Doll. Dropping by from the CREW.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails