Jan 7, 2011

TOS Review: See-N-Read


As a member of the TOS Review Crew, we were sent some See-N-Read reading tools to try. We got four different kinds...
A big one for large books


A small one for small books


One with the "window" cut out, and a little bit wider, for highlighting purposes


And one that I downloaded for using on the computer.



These are handy little tools that are helpful for distractable or early readers. My son has a hard time tracking to the new line and often gets stuck repeating a line or skips a line when he is reading chapter books. This product eliminated that problem. My daughter reads much faster silently than aloud, so when she is supposed to be reading to me, she will often fall silent while her eyes skipped ahead, reading on to herself. Not a big problem, but highly annoying to me. This product eliminated that problem as well.
It was nice to have the different sizes for different books. And I would have loved to have the highlighting one when I was in college and studying from books with tiny print. I had never used anything like this before, so I have nothing to compare it to, but it sure beat using my finger to keep the kids on track! It is a fun, but useful little tool.
The E-See-N-Read was honestly not something we really had a use for, but I could see how useful it would be if you worked with coding a lot (on your blog, for example) or are one that has a hard time reading off the computer screen, and it was fun to play around with!
The tools come in different sized packs for all different price options, you can check that out here.
To read what other Crew Members have to say about See-N-Read, click here.


I received this product for free in exchange for a fair and honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Your daughter's "problem" is one I find myself doing, too, when reading out loud to my children. Maybe I should use my See-N-Read during those times to remind myself not to read ahead.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails