Apr 26, 2012

TOS Review: Crypto Mind Benders

In college, I took a logic course, that, despite my teacher, I thoroughly enjoyed. It was probably one of my favorite classes. I'm counting the days until my kids are old enough that we can take a logic course. Until then, we like puzzles and we like combining fun and learning (ok, ok, we just like to have fun, the learning bit is just frosting) and so we are enjoying Crypto Mind Benders while we wait.


We were sent a copy of this little book from the Critical Thinking Co to review. It's a 42 page book full of puzzles that require deductive and mathematical reasoning skills to solve. Each puzzle has a logic-puzzle style chart to break a secret code to uncover a quotation. You can see a sample here.
This was a fun book. It is reproducible, so I can give copies to Kaytie and later, when the younger kids are ready, they can do it, too. I had to give Kaytie a little help to start off with, but she caught on in the middle of the first puzzle. After she was done, I sent her off to play and did a few of the puzzles on my own. This is a great first step on our way to a logic-filled future!

Kaytie's opinion: It was fun and it was hard. I want to do more. :)

Critical Thinking Company  has many products and the TOS Crew reviewed four of them here


DISCLAIMER: I was sent a copy of this book for free for the purpose of this review. All opinions are honest and are my own.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Hi,

I'd like to inquire about doing a sponsored blog post - about 150-300 words that talks a little bit about fashion and links back to our site http://swaychic.com. We sell womens casual clothing in Berkeley and Los Angeles, Califonia and are looking for more exposure on http://fourlittlepenguins.blogspot.com/

Here's a list of some blog post titles we've done in the past:
- What is Indie fashion?
- The Latest Styles In Vegan Purses
- Cute Indie Dress Styles For the Perfect Occassion
Our budget is around $15 for the post. Is this something you'd be open to?

Also we might be interested in a small banner ad if the price is right. Our budget is $40/year - something like this:
http://postimage.org/image/h0543kjb7/

Let me know if you'd be open to either or both of these.

Also if you have some other sites just send them over and we might be interested in doing a sponsored post on there as well!


Regards,

Jeff
SwayChic.com
swaychic@acuramail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails