May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Interviews


 photo IMG_2492_zps6641e30f.jpg

As I do some years, I asked the kids these questions then quickly typed in their answers. It's always fun and I like looking back over them from years ago. It's also really sweet (and encouraging!) that they only seem to notice and remember my good parenting moments and not the bad ones.

1. What is something mom always says to you? 
Kaytie: I love you
Nate: I love you
Daniel: I love you
Abbie: I love you

2. What makes mom happy? 
K when I clean my room quickly
N eating chocolate
D Doing what she tells you
A doing what she says

3. What makes mom sad?  
K when I disobey
N us disobeying her
D When you don't do what she tells you
A not doing what she says

4. How does your mom make you laugh?  
K when she tells us jokes
N telling me very funny jokes
D tickling me
A by tickling me

5. What was your mom like as a child? 
K I don't know... like me
N I don't know... maybe eating chocolate?
D I don't know... weird
A I have no idea

6. How old is your mom?
K I don't know 35? Or 36 I'm not sure which
N I don't know
D I don't know
A 39
 (I was shocked that they didn't know the answer to this question because they ask my how old I am regularly and I always tell them the truth. The last time they asked was only a few days ago. Now I understand why they ask so often... they have very bad memories!)

7. How tall is your mom?  
K A little bit taller than me
N I don't know
D 50 feet long
A I have no idea

8. What is her favorite thing to do?  
K read
N eat chocolate
D be on her computer
A eat chocolate

9: What does your mom do when you're not around? 
K makes supper
N I don't know, it's hard to know when I'm not around
D I don't know
A play on her computer

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
K reading
N cooking
D cooking
A soccer
 (Just to be clear, I have never played soccer in my life, so I have no idea why she thinks I would be famous for it. I'm not that great at cooking either... maybe they thought I meant "infamous"?)

11. What is your mom really good at?  
K teaching us
N cooking
D baking
A kissing me

12. What is your mom not very good at?  
K science projects
N not getting hit in the head with a ball
D skipping
A I don't know
 (Nate's answer is because I have never played a sport that I didn't get violently and dramatically hit by the ball. There are sports that I refuse to play because of this... bowling for example)

13. What does your mom do for a job?   
K to teach us
N homeschool us
D clean house
A homeschooling us

14. What is your mom’s favorite food?  
K pizza
N chocolate
D chocolate
A pizza

15. What makes you proud of your mom?  
K that you are so patient with us
N because of how she cooks
D when she bakes for me
A because of kisses
  
17. What do you and your mom do together? 
K go get supper sometimes
N go to school
D snuggle
A go somewhere together

18. How are you and your mom the same? 
K we have the same hair and we both have glasses and we both like chocolate and to read
N we don't really have anything in common
D we both have hands
A we both have blue eyes

19. How are you and your mom different?  
K I had cleft when I was a baby and you didn't... that's the only thing I can think of
N she has brown hair and I have blond hair
D she has glasses and I don't
A we don't have the same color hair

20. How do you know your mom loves you?  
K because you cook for us and you teach us
N because she is always saying that
D when she kisses me
A she cooks for us

21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
K they are both Christians
N that he works for her
D talking
A that he shares

22. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go? 
K to Joyland
N Walmart
D I don't know
A to stores... very long stores
(ummmm... yeah, they all bombed this one, although Abbie might have come the closest)

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails