Nov 3, 2013

Giving Thanks: Day Three

I'm thankful for laughter. I was gifted with a family who has a quirky sense of humor. A quirky sense of humor that is not only unique, bizarre and dry, but is legendary. I was raised on laughter. There have been so many times in my life that finding the humor in the situation was what got me through. And the older I get, the more I find myself leaning on laughter for my sanity if not my survival.
My husband has an eerily similar sense of humor, and he has quite the knack of making me laugh. How many times have I been irked with him and he disarmed me by being funny! And, he has said that one of the reasons he married me was because I was smart enough to laugh at his jokes. ;)
My kids like to laugh, too. I love that they find all those corny old jokes hilariously funny. I love making them giggle. I love that they can (mostly) laugh at themselves and that they, too, are learning to look for the humor in the rough patches. And sometimes, ok, most times, they make me laugh without meaning to be funny just because of that quirky gene they inherited.
Laughter is truly a gift and I am thankful for it.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I love that picture of ya'll :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails