Oct 4, 2014

Our Week in Photos

Not exactly the highlights of the week, but these are pictures that we took this week.

This is a dog that Daniel and Abbie and I saw in a parking lot. I was entertained by his extreme seriousness. The kids talked to him and said "ooooh" and "ahhh" type things (no, we did not go near the car) but he would look the other way very deliberately. It was obviously insulting to him to be called "cute" and spoken to familiarly by a small child.


This guy we found crawling across the yard. He looked cranky, so, even though we were pretty sure he was just a box turtle, we didn't let the kids hold him and soon released him to lurk in the shrubbery and (hopefully) eat mosquitos. 



This picture I found on my phone. I don't know which kid snapped the shot, but it's proof that even though we don't always get to "official" Nature Study my kids are always studying nature! I don't know what this is, but I'm sure that whichever kid it was has looked it up and could tell you more than you ever wanted to know about it!


This is another one I found on my phone. I'm calling it The Dreaded Jungle Basset in the wild... a study in black and white.


This is Nate's science experiment this week. He is supposed to document his experiments, but I don't know why he took a picture of the instructions...


And finally, this is Daniel's walking stick bug craft that he made at co-op this week.








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails