Nov 20, 2014

Giving Thanks Part Two


Instead of listing my thankfulness every day, this year I'm doing them in chunks. I talked about my first ten already so here are the next ten...

I really should have mentioned this one last time, because it fit better, but I got distracted by a kid or two and forgot what I was going to say, so I'll just start with it.

11. The adults who influence my kids. Uncles, aunts, grandparents, cousins, Sunday School teachers, co-op teachers, Scout leaders, art and music and Bright Lights teachers, coaches, folks at church, and parents of their friends. Thank you all so much for the love and care you show, the wisdom that you model and the knowledge you impart. None of it goes unnoticed.

12. Laughter. I was raised in a family with a strong sense of humor. The ability to laugh at myself and my circumstances has been invaluable in the rough patches of life.

13. Those rough patches. It's easier to be grateful for them after they are over. But looking back at so many of the hard times I can see how much they changed me, helped me grow, and strengthened me for the next rough patch!

14. Books. What would I do without something to read? I do not remember not knowing how to read anything I picked up and I have always devoured books.

15. That my husband and kids love books. My older two kids are voracious bookworms and my younger two, while still struggling with reading themselves both absolutely love being read to.

16. Chocolate. It would be a sad world without a little chocolate in it. And it's a sign of my great self-restraint that I waited this long to bring it up!

17. Beauty. I am not artistic nor creative, but I love looking at beautiful things: sunsets, babies, the blue Texas sky, flowers, oh, so many things that speak of a creative God who lovingly shares His glorious imagination with us.

18. Creature comforts. Too often I take things like hot water, big comfy house, heat, safety, electricity, a soft bed, clean water, and such completely for granted. They are a gift, though. A completely undeserved gift.

19. Peace. In the midst of so many storms in my life, when I turned to God, He offered me peace. Hard to describe or explain, but a priceless treasure nonetheless.

20. Health. For me, for my family. Despite many a rough start, we have four perfectly healthy kids. Because of those rough starts, I don't take that for granted. We are so blessed with sturdy bodies and quick minds!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails