Aug 11, 2016

Traditions

Today we are supposed to talk about our traditions in our homeschool. When I first thought about this, I realized that we don't have hard and fast traditions. We have things that we often do, but not anything that we do every single year. So I didn't know what to write about... then I decided that I would ask my children, and see what they felt that our traditions are.


First, I had to explain "tradition" to Abbie, and then I had to clarify to the boys that I meant special traditions, not just a list of what we did every day. But I finally received the following answers:

Kaytie: Back to school pictures in the fall when we change a grade. Not having school on our birthdays. Don't do school in the afternoons. Getting presents in our boxes the first day of school. 

Nate: Breakfast during all the "with you" school (he means our Morning Meeting time). When we go back to school, there is candy in our school boxes. We take a picture with a grade sign.

Daniel: We do Bible and songs every day. We do end of school Olympics sometimes. Sometimes we get special treat to celebrate. When we start school we slowly ease into it (Mom's note: we have NEVER done this and I have no idea why he thinks we have).

Abbie: We make schedules so that we can put them in our binders so we know what we are doing. We take pictures with signs on the first day of school.

I was surprised by their answers, and even more surprised that I had forgotten that we do take a picture every year on the first day of school with their grades written on a piece of paper! I was also pleased that Abbie fondly recalled the making of their schedules and binder covers. They choose the pictures, the colors, the fonts, and the general layout for these.



Go to The 5 Days of Homeschool Bloghop to read about more homeschool traditions!

5 Days of Homeschool 101


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails